Raisin Spice Quick Bread
A spicy raisin taste in a light bread that’s easy to prepare
- 1 c Arrowhead Mills Whole Grain Pastry Flour
- 1 c Arrowhead Mills Oat Flour
- 2 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Hain Pure Foods Sea Salt
- 1 lg egg, at room temperature
- 1 c Low Fat WestSoy Soymilk or 2% milk
- 1/4 c Hain Pure Foods Organic Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Hain Pure Foods Safflower Margarine
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 c raisins (you can add up to a cup if you are a big craisin lover!)
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Coat an 8" x 4" loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, baking powder, allspice, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat the egg with the milk, sugar, margarine, and vanilla extract. Pour in the flour mixture, and stir until just combined. Fold in the raisins.
- Pour the batter into the pan, and smooth.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes. Cool in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes.