Generous-sized muffins that are chock-full of pecans for a nutty taste
- 1 1/2 c Arrowhead Mills Whole Grain Pastry Flour
- 1/4 c Arrowhead Mills Soy Flour
- 2 1/2 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Hain Pure Foods Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 c toasted pecans, chopped
- 1/2 c Hain Pure Foods Canola Oil or Spectrum Naturals Canola Oil
- 1/2 c apricot or peach all-fruit spread
- 2 lg eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 c Hain Pure Foods Organic Sugar
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Coat a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray or line with paper cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flours, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and pecans.
- In a small bowl, mix the oil, fruit spread, eggs, vanilla extract, and sugar. Add to the flour mixture, and stir just until moist. ( Do not over mix or the product will be heavy and tough).
- Fill cups three-quarters full. Spoon into the cups until three-quarters full. Bake until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean, 12 to 14 minutes.