Peach Ginger Scones
A sweet ‘n’ spicy scone to kick-start your day
- 1 1.59-oz pkg Ball® Simple Creations® No Cook Freezer Jam Fruit Pectin
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 cups finely chopped peaches (about 12 med fresh or 3 16-oz bags frozen, thawed)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp freshly grated gingerroot
- 5 Ball® Plastic (8oz) Freezer Jars
- 2 cups Arrowhead Mills® All Purpose Baking Mix
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- STIR sugar and contents of package in a bowl until well blended.
- ADD peaches, lemon juice and gingerroot. Stir 3 minutes. Reserve 1/2 cup jam. Set aside.
- LADLE remaining jam into clean jars to fill line. Twist on lids. Let stand until thickened, about 30 minutes. Label jars. Refrigerate up to three weeks or freeze up to one year.
- PREHEAT oven to 425°F. Combine baking mix, honey, whipping cream, gingerroot and reserved jam in a large mixing bowl. Mix until soft dough forms.
- TURN dough onto surface with flour or All Purpose Baking Mix. Roll in flour to coat. Shape into ball and knead 10-12 times. Roll dough to about 1/2 inch thick. Cut with 2' cutter dipped in flour. Bake for 9-11 minutes.
For extra flavor when serving, drizzle more jam over scones or serve along with scones.
Now it's quicker and easier to turn your favorite fruits into fresh delicious jams with Ball® Simple Creations® Freezer Jam Fruit Pectin. Just add any fruit or fruit combination, some sugar and stir 3 minutes – no cooking required!