Herb Stuffing with Chestnuts and Sage
A traditional stuffing for family celebrations
- 1 package of Arrowhead Mills Organic Savory Herb Stuffing
- 3/4 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 10oz of hot Italian sausage meat
- 2 cups onion, diced
- 11/2 cups celery stalk, diced
- 1/4 cup, packed of fresh sage leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 cup of jarred chestnuts, peeled and coarsely crumbled
- 1/3 cup flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon of Hain ionized sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 11/2 cups Imagine Organic Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Butter an 11x7x2 glass baking dish.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large skillet over a medium high heat. Add the onions, celery and sage cover and cook until tender, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in the sausage meat , with a wooden spoon crumble the meat, continue to cook until the sausage has browned ., with and breaking it up with a wooden spoon, continue to cook until all the meat has browned and is crumbled in appearance, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer sausage mixture to a bowl, stir in the chestnuts, parsley, salt and pepper. Stir in Arrowhead Mills stuffing mix with chicken broth; add a little more broth if stuffing is too dry. Stir in remaining butter.
- Transfer stuffing to prepared baking dish and cover with buttered foil. Bake for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake a further 20 minutes or until top is crispy and golden.