A flavor of the Southwest with a slight crunch
- 1 c Arrowhead Mills Yellow Corn Meal
- 1/2 c Arrowhead Mills Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1/2 c Arrowhead Mills Unbleached White Flour
- 2 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 tsp Hain Pure Foods Sea Salt
- Sprinkle of ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 c Imagine Foods Original Rice Dream
- 6 Tbsp Hain Pure Foods Canola Oil or Spectrum Naturals Canola Oil
- 1/4 c maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Coat a 9" x 9" baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix the cornmeal, flours, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon (if using). In a separate bowl, mix the egg, Rice Dream, oil, and maple syrup. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, just enough to mix. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown.