Blueberry, Date and Walnut Stuffing
An untraditional stuffing that’s sure to draw praise
- 1 Package of Arrowhead Mills Organic Savory Herb Stuffing
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup of onion, diced
- 1 cup of celery, diced
- 1 cup of granny smith apples, cored, peeled and diced
- 1 cup of dates, pitted and quartered
- 11/2 cup of dried figs, quartered
- 1 cup of lemon soaked dried blueberries
- 1 cup of toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup of sage, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup of flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 2-3 cups of Imagine Organic Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- 1/2 teaspoon of Hain ionized sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 stick unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Butter an 11x2x2 glass baking dish.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large skillet over a medium high heat. Add the garlic, onions, celery, apples and sage, cover and cook until tender, about 6 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl, stir in the walnuts, dates, figs, blueberries, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Stir in Arrowhead Mills stuffing mix with chicken or vegetable broth. Add a little more broth if stuffing is too dry. Stir in remaining butter.
- Transfer stuffing to prepared baking dish and cover with buttered foil. Bake for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake a further 20 minutes or until top is crispy and golden.