Banana Pound Cake
1-9 inch loaf
Freshly mashed bananas are soaked up by this moist and luscious pound cake —with plenty of chocolate chips in every bite.
- Spectrum Coconut Baking Spray
- 2 ¼ cups Arrowhead Mills Organic Unbleached Wheat Flour
- 1 tablespoon Hain baking powder
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- ¼ tsp Hain sea salt
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mascarpone
- 1 ½ sticks unsalted butter, softened
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 cup Hain turbinado sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- ¾ cup SunSpire Organic Fair Trade 42% Cacao Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven 350F
- Spray a 9-inch loaf pan with no stick baking spray and line pan with a strip of parchment paper the length of the pan. Spray the paper.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt together in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl with an electric mixer beat the butter and cinnamon together and slowly add the sugar until light and fluffy; scrape down sides now and then. Incorporate the eggs one at a time, add one third of the flour, a third of the mascarpone, and third of the sour cream. Incorporate the rest in same fashion until just blended, do not over mix. Fold in the bananas and chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and set in the center of the oven and bake for 1 hr and 15 mins. Remove from the oven, remove from pan and set on wire rack to cool completely. Serve warm or at room temp. Pound cake will keep in refrigerator for one week or 3 weeks in freezer wrapped airtight.