Apple Crumble with Toasted-Oat Topping
A heart-warming dessert during the Autumn harvest
- 6 med Jonagold or Golden Delicious apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 c unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 c Arrowhead Mills® Organic Old-Fashioned Oatmeal
- 3 Tbsp toasted Arrowhead Mills® Wheat Germ
- 3 Tbsp packed Hain Pure Foods® Organic Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp Hain Pure® Foods Canola Oil or Spectrum Naturals® Canola Oil
- 1 Tbsp Hain Pure Foods® Unsalted Margarine, cut into small pieces or 2 tbsp of Butter
- (Can be served with vanilla ice cream)
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Coat a 13" x 9" baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine the apples and applesauce in the prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the oatmeal, wheat germ, sugar, and cinnamon. Add the oil and butter. Mix with your fingers to form crumbs. Sprinkle the oatmeal mixture evenly over the apples.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the topping is golden and the apples are bubbling.