Submitted by arrowheadmills_admin on Sun, 2013-01-20 21:26
- 1 Pear
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 3/4 cup Spectrum Safflower Oil
- 3/4 cup Rice Dream Original Rice Milk
- 2 teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1/2 cup Arrowhead Mills Brown Rice Flour
- 1/3 cup Arrowhead Mills Millet Flour
- 1/3 cup Tapioca Starch
- 2 teaspoons Hain Baking Powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- Slice pear into thin strips, scatter in bottom of 9x13 baking dish. Sprinkle brown sugar over pear slices, slide tray into oven and heat to 350 degrees.
- In medium bowl, whisk eggs and sugar until light and slightly thickened.
- Whisk in oil, milk and almond extract.
- Stir dry ingredients into wet mixture, make sure to scrape sides and incorporate everything.
- Remove pear dish from oven, pour batter over fruit and put tray back in oven.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until cake is golden brown on top.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, then place cutting board on top of baking tray and flip cake over. Remove baking tray and let cake cool completely.