- Gluten Free
- Our Standards
- About Us
Sauteed Trout with Almond-Butter Sauce
The delicate flavors of trout and almonds blend beautifully
- 5 Tbsp Unsweetened WestSoy Soymilk
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Arrowhead Mills Creamy Almond Butter
- 1/2 tsp Hain Pure Foods Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 lg egg
- 1/3 c Arrowhead Mills Stoneground Whole Wheat Flour
- 4 trout fillets (6 oz each), each 1/2″ thick
- 2 Tbsp Hain Pure Foods Canola Oil or Spectrum Naturals Canola Oil
- In a bowl, combine 3 tablespoons of the soymilk, lemon juice, almond butter, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, and 1/8 teaspoon of the pepper.
- Preheat oven to 250° F. In a shallow bowl, lightly beat the egg and the remaining soymilk. In another shallow bowl, combine the flour, remaining salt, and remaining pepper. Dip the trout into the egg mixture, then into the flour.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium heat. Cook the fish in batches, skin side up, until the first side is browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Then cook the second side until opaque, 3 to 4 minutes. Keep warm on a baking sheet in the oven. Add the remaining oil for the next batch. Serve with the almond-butter sauce.