- Gluten Free
- Our Standards
- About Us
The picture-perfect pairing of flavors in a delicious dessert
- Makes 8 servings
- 2/3 c Arrowhead Mills Organic Old-Fashioned Oatmeal
- 1/2 c Arrowhead Mills Whole Grain Pastry Flour
- 1 Tbsp Hain Pure Foods Organic Sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 Tbsp Hain Pure Foods Canola Oil or Spectrum Naturals Canola Oil
- 2-3 Tbsp plain yogurt
- 1/3 c mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 c raspberry all-fruit spread
- 3/4 tsp almond extract
- 2 1/2 c raspberries
- 2 Tbsp sliced almonds
- To make the crust: Preheat oven to 375° F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix the oatmeal, flour, sugar, cinnamon, and baking soda. Add the oil and 2 tablespoons of the yogurt to make a soft, slightly sticky dough. If the dough is too stiff, add the remaining yogurt.
- Place the dough on the baking sheet and, with lightly oiled hands, pat into a 10″ circle. Place a 9″ cake pan right side up on the dough, and trace around the pan bottom with a sharp knife, being careful only to score the surface of the dough. With your fingers, push up and pinch the dough around the outside of the pan to make a 9″ crust with a rim 1/4″ high. Remove the cake pan. Bake for 12 minutes on the sheet. Scatter the chocolate chips over the surface of the crust, and bake until the chocolate is melted and the crust is firm and golden, 3 to 4 minutes longer. Remove from the oven, and spread the chocolate. Set aside to cool.
- To make the filling: In a small microwaveable bowl, mix the fruit spread and almond extract. Microwave on high for 10 to 15 seconds, or until melted. Brush a tablespoon evenly over the crust. Spread the raspberries evenly over the crust. Brush the remaining spread over the berries, making sure to get between the berries to secure them. Sprinkle with the almonds.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or until the spread has jelled.