- Gluten Free
- Our Standards
- About Us
Packed with taste and flavor
- 1 c Arrowhead Mills Long Grain Brown Rice
- 2 Tbsp Hain Pure Foods Canola Oil or Spectrum Naturals Canola Oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp minced parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary, crumbled (optional)
- Pinch of saffron
- 2 c water
- 1/2 c grated Parmesan cheese
- Rinse the rice, and drain well.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, and sauté the onion and garlic until golden. Add the rice, and cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Each grain should be golden.
- Mix the parsley, rosemary, and saffron in the water. Pour 1/2 cup into the rice mixture. Cover and simmer gently. Gradually add the remaining 1 1/2 cups water as the liquid is absorbed. Just before the rice is done, about 15 to 20 minutes, add 1/4 cup of the cheese. When the cheese is melted through, remove from the heat. Top with the remaining 1/4 cup cheese.