- Gluten Free
- Our Standards
- About Us
Gluten Free Little Scallion and Cilantro Pancakes
- Makes 32 Horsd'oeuvres
Dipping Sauce Ingredients
- 1/2 cup wheat free low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of brown rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of fresh ginger minced increase to 1 tsp
- 1 teaspoon of sesame seeds toasted
- 1 tablespoon of scallion greens sliced thinly increase to 2 tbsp
- 3/4 cup Arrowhead Mills Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Mix
- 1/4 cup of Arrowhead Mills White Rice Flour
- 1 pinch of Hain Pure Foods Featherweight Gluten Free Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Hain Iodized Sea Salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup water
- 1 small Thai or Serrano chili, halved, seeded and minced
- 1 pinch of coarse black pepper
- 1/8th teaspoon of toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 scallions diagonally sliced (green and light parts)
- 1/4 cup packed cup of fresh cilantro leaves chopped
Combine in a bowl vinegar, soy sauce, and ginger, then stir in sesame seeds and scallion greens. Can make dipping sauce 1 day ahead and serve chilled.
- Whisk flours, salt, baking powder, egg, water, chili, pepper, and sesame oil together in a large bowl (batter will appear to be thin).
- Heat 1/2 teaspoon of the oil in a small skillet over a moderate heat, but not smoking. In batches, pour 1 tablespoon measures of the batter onto the hot oil.
- Scatter scallions and cilantro over each pancake, fry underside until golden about 1-2 minutes, flip over pancakes and cook about 1 minute longer.
- Transfer cooked pancakes to paper towel and prepare remaining batter in batches the same way, add more oil as needed.
- Serve warm with chilled dipping sauce.