- Gluten Free
- Our Standards
- About Us
Brown Rice Pilaf with Hazelnuts
Not your mother’s brown rice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Hain Pure Foods Safflower Margarine
- 3 lg mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1 sm onion, chopped
- 1/2 c Arrowhead Mills Long Grain Brown Rice
- 3 Tbsp (2 oz) coarsely chopped hazelnuts
- 1 1/4 c Imagine Foods Natural Free Range Chicken Broth
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon peel
- Melt the margarine in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the mushrooms and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushroom liquid evaporates, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in the rice and nuts, and cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes. Stir in the broth and thyme. Bring to a simmer. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until the rice is tender, about 45 minutes.
- Add lemon peel and fluff the rice with a fork before serving.