- Gluten Free
- Our Standards
- About Us
Apple Pie Crumble Top Muffins
- 2¼ cups Arrowhead Mills® Flour
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Hain® Iodized Sea Salt
- 1 tablespoon Spectrum® Organic Flaxseed, ground
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup Hain® Organic Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup MaraNatha® Organic No-Stir Creamy Peanut Butter
- ½ dairy-free margarine, softened
- 1 6 oz jar Earth’s Best Organic® Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Baby Food
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup Westsoy™ Low Fat plain soymilk
- 1 tablespoons Spectrum® Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 large Granny Smith Apple, peeled and chopped
Coconut Cinnamon Crumble
- 1 cup Arrowhead Mills® flour
- 1 cup Arrowhead Mills Steel Cut Oats
- 1 cup Hain® Organic Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons Spectrum® Organic Coconut Oil
- Heat your oven to 350F. Prepare your muffin pans by lining them with paper liners or spray with vegetable spray.
- In a food processor combine the flour and cornstarch and pulse several seconds until the ingredients are well-combined. Add baking soda, baking powder, sea salt and ground flax seed. Pulse again until ingredients are combined. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sugars, peanut butter and margarine. Use a mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Add the Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal baby food, vanilla, soy milk and apple cider vinegar and mix again until ingredients are well-combined.
- Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients, add the chopped apples and stir until just combined.
- Fill each muffin paper (or prepared muffin pans) with batter until approximately ¾ full. Generously sprinkle each muffin with prepared Coconut Cinnamon Crumble.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes. You can test to see if the muffins are done by inserting a toothpick into the center of one of the muffins. If it comes out clean, the muffins are done.
- Set aside to cool for about 10 minutes before removing the muffins from the pan. Store in an airtight container.
- Coconut Cinnamon Crumble
Place the flour and oatmeal in a food processor and pulse until the oatmeal is coarsely ground.
Add the brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt and pulse again for several seconds.
Add the coconut oil and pulse again until the ingredients are well incorporated. Set aside.